Re: MacOS dependencies and minimum version

> On Nov 1, 2018, at 11:23 AM, Jeff Young <jeff@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> My daughter just had to upgrade from 10.11 to 10.12 because something else stopped working.  So we won’t be alone. ;)
>
> (In any event, I encouraged her to keep more up-to-date.  There’s really not much down-side on the Mac, although I’ll admit I usually don’t go all the way to the latest.)

Another Mac user data point. Every Mac user I know waits a couple of weeks after a major release before installing it. Usually it’s to see if a particular piece of hardware is supported or not. Otherwise, everyone who can upgrade will.

My old Core2Duo iMac is still on 10.11 because it cannot be upgraded, and honestly that machine is too slow to do -anything- much less run Kicad.