From: "Jeff Young" <jeff@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Wayne Stambaugh" <stambaughw@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "KiCad Developers" <kicad-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2019 10:26:38 AM
Subject: Re: [Kicad-developers] Ratsnest options

So I’ll be the contrary one.

First, I do agree with getting the number of access points down.

However, I find myself turning the ratsnest on and off a lot. And the toolbar is /much/ easier than the layers palette for that.

As far as Preferences, I agree that it’s the right place for curved/straight (well, actually I’d be inclined to just offer curved, but I already lost that fight). But why have shown/not shown in preferences? And for that matter units and coordinates. These aren’t really set-and-forget types of things, and the options toolbar is both easier to access and more visible for inspection.

So how about removing in/mm and polar/cartesian from Preferences (and leaving them and ratsnest on/off in the options toolbar), rather than moving ratsnest on/off to Preferences?

Cheers,
Jeff.