Re: GitLab migration

It looks like part of the formatting issue is related to the fact that the
migrated issues have a line in between each entry in the version
information. What seems to produce the best results is to simply wrap the
copied version text from KiCad inside ``` ```, take a look at this sample
[1]. I think the best way to implement this would be to take advantage of
the issue templates [2], to give the user a pre-made style to fill in. See
[3] for an example that I threw together. We might also be able to use this
to automatically tag the issue with initial labels when it is created. I
haven't tested that though, so I am unsure of the permissions needed to
modify the labels (in one place it looks like normal users can't do that,
but quite a few projects have the labels included in their default
template). If someone wants to try creating an issue in that repository to
see if the labels are added that would be appreciated.

<https://gitlab.com/help/user/project/description_templates>
[1] https://gitlab.com/imcinerney/bugtracker-test/issues/3
[2] https://gitlab.com/help/user/project/description_templates
[3] https://gitlab.com/imcinerney/bugtracker-test/issues/new?issue

-Ian

--
Ian McInerney
mcianster@xxxxxxxxx

No electrons were harmed in the making of this message