Re: Project save as

ma 11. marrask. 2019 klo 22.41 Jeff Young (jeff@xxxxxxxxx) kirjoitti:

> Yes, the current algorithm renames files that either match the project
> name (with any extension), or start with the project name followed by a
> dash.

Limiting the following character to dash seems arbitrary. Underscore is
used often, and why it should be limited at all?

Here's one more possible solution. The current file dialog is kept, but if
any generated or unknown files which begin with the project name are found,
a new dialog asks if the user wants to rename and copy them or not to copy
them at all, or maybe copy them as is.

On the other hand, what to do with other files which don't begin with the
project name? Should they be confirmed and copied (as is), too?

What about the backup files?

I can see two use cases: rename the project (replace the old one); and copy
the project to be a base for a new one. In the former case renaming and
keeping about everything could be desired. In the latter case all but the
basic project files would probably be ditched.

In the case of renaming I'm also interested in knowing how it affects
version control, for example git, if the project is a repository. That must
be tested, I think.

Eeli Kaikkonen