Re: GitLab migration

GitLab does send emails when SSH keys are added by default, but it's not
enough.
It's about GitLab (and even GitHub) allowing you to edit code right in the
web interface without needing to touch git.

But yes, GitLab does support 2FA. It is optional per account by default BUT
it can be mandated on a group like KiCad in the settings for anyone with
commit access to have enabled.