Re: GitLab migration

While there are many forms of 2FA in the world, GitLab does not support all
of them.
Currently, TOTP and U2F are the only supported methods [1]

This means that if we enabled it, everyone with commit access would need
either a device running a TOTP-compliant program, or a U2F device such as a
YubiKey.
There are desktop TOTP software options such as Authy, oathtool, and Gnome
Authenticator[2]

[1]
https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/profile/account/two_factor_authentication.html
[2] https://gitlab.gnome.org/World/Authenticator