5) Re-annotate the PCB section (this works now!) without pushing to schematic so the references correspond to the schematic
6) in eeSchema push to PCBNew associating by reference

Brian

On 2020-02-15 6:47 p.m., Jeff Young wrote:
Pasting creates new timestamps.  So copy/paste works fine, there’s just no way to do a unified copy/paste between eeschema *and* pcbnew.

The timestamps are moving to UUIDs as we speak.

The links are reset/updated when you do an Update PCB from Schematic and chose the “re-associate by reference” option.  (The timestamps/UUIDs encode said “association”.)

Cheers,
Jeff.