Re: V6 documentation

On 1/19/22 12:00 PM, Jon Evans wrote:
That just doesn't seem that useful to me.  The fact that Fedora forces this process means that Fedora offline docs will always be outdated.

I don't disagree, but really, we could say that everything is always outdated - the code, the libs etc.  I have to pick a point in time, and create packages as of that point - currently that point is when a new release is tagged.  I.e., it is a manual process - I have to consciously create the packages, and it then takes a week or so for the packages to sit in the testing repositories before being released to general users.  I have no control over that process.

If there is no way to work around it for Fedora, I suggest we develop an out-of-band way of delivering offline docs to people (not using the Fedora packaging system).

People can always download the nightly docs packages via Copr, which will correspond to whatever is in the master branch.  There is no process at the moment for nightlies to build from any other branch, although I suppose one could be added.

	Steve