Re: V6 documentation

It looks like this is a sensitive topic, and I now understand the
packagers feel pressure and that they aren't appreciated enough. That
wasn't my intention and I didn't want to hint or imply anything
negative towards anyone. On the contrary, I know packaging isn't easy
(I have looked at the packaging systems and given up) and appreciate
the work.

There seems to be more than one subjects going on, packaging is only
one. The more fundamental is the need or lack of need for offline
documentation, and if there is need, how is that solved. This also
seems to be a sensitive topic. Personally I don't see why
documentation should be packaged at all for distros if it can be
downloaded anyway.

I mentioned PCM, not because I would think it would be the best
solution, but just for brainstorming (however, this topic seems to be
too sensitive for brainstorming). It would just be a natural way to
download KiCad documentation because other content is downloaded with
it, too, and it would be readily available to the end users. An extra
benefit would be that it would automatically go to a location known to
KiCad, so if KiCad tries to find local documentation, it would be in
the right place.

Eeli Kaikkonen