Re: Silk screens over pads and naming

On Tue, Jun 03, 2014 at 06:43:21PM +0300, Vesa Solonen wrote:
> Lorenzo, I don't remember why your extended layers system didn't get
> merged. How about reworking it a bit to help CERN work package 4 [1]?

Step 1: get the core devel to accept a change to the layer types and
        extend the file format (not a big extension, actually...)
Step 2: decide how to represent the layer mask for pads/how to assign
        layer numbers (i.e. how the layer 'name'=>number is happening)
Step 3: ??? (work of mine)
Step 4: profit

Last time we tried there was no agreement on 2) and fierce Dick
obstruction to 1). Resolve these and I can do a good part of 3 (except
for the dialog UI, which I simply don't know how to do...). The layer
setup dialog would be a *big* mess to fix.

I already have several board in full production with the extended layers
but keeping the branch merged is not a lot of fun...

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl