Re: KLC - Footprint Properties

W dniu 26.01.2015 o 12:49, jp charras pisze:
Perhaps better fill value with footprint name.

Reason: reference is usually a short word (like Uxxx).
Value and footprint name are usually a more long name (like 330K-1% or
BGA_0.5_128x128).
So, the default values (which will be replaced by they actual values)
are more representative of these actual texts.

Also, avoid too long names for fp names and 3d shape names. They always
create issues.

Just my 2 cents, or, if you prefer, my 2€ (looks like the same, now).

I've suggested Ref=Name, Val=VAL** because these fields are initialised this way when new footprint is created. I agree that Val=Name, Ref=REF** (or sth like that) will look better. Could you change it in KiCad code?