Re: KLC - Footprint Properties

Le 26/01/2015 17:16, nnn a écrit :

> W dniu 26.01.2015 o 12:49, jp charras pisze:
>> Perhaps better fill value with footprint name.
>>
>> Reason: reference is usually a short word (like Uxxx).
>> Value and footprint name are usually a more long name (like 330K-1% or
>> BGA_0.5_128x128).
>> So, the default values (which will be replaced by they actual values)
>> are more representative of these actual texts.
>>
>> Also, avoid too long names for fp names and 3d shape names. They always
>> create issues.
>>
>> Just my 2 cents, or, if you prefer, my 2€ (looks like the same, now).
>
> I've suggested Ref=Name, Val=VAL** because these fields are initialised
> this way when new footprint is created. I agree that Val=Name, Ref=REF**
> (or sth like that) will look better. Could you change it in KiCad code?

I understand.
No problem to change it.

The reason to start with Ref=Name is the fact for many small footprints,
the value is often made invisible, and ref is visible, when there is no
room for both texts (i.e. when they are overlapping).

Because we have now a fabrication layer, we can change to Ref=REF* and
Value=footprint name (and perhaps also set the default layers: Ref on
silk screen, value on fab layer, for instance).

But I'll like to have the opinion of main contributors, before making
the change.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS