Re: Free Software Project Hosting (a comparison of different options)

Jonathan Lange <jml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> I didn't know about the expensive/useless import problem -- it's a
> shame that a failure report wouldn't catch those. Still, I think that
> it's still a good idea to remove the approval process, even before we
> have a failure report web page or add svn repo heuristics. There are
> costs, but the benefit seems worth it.

+1.

If a vcs import produces no useful result, we'll hear about it if anyone
tries to use it; and if no one is trying to use it, then who cares?

Also, failures that we hear about from users will motivate us (or even
the users?) to set up the reporting system.  We should consider that an
eventual consequence of automatic approval, rather than a prerequisite.

-K