Re: Putting on-call reviewer in channel topic?

Christian Robottom Reis <kiko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> They can get pretty noisy, yeah -- but I think the main issue is that
> noise from the conversations in #launchpad-dev can bleed over the
> reviews happening on #launchpad-reviews, and OCR is meant to be focused
> and fast. That's my impression at least -- at any rate, the fact that
> you don't know about #launchpad-reviews may point to us not marketing
> that channel properly?

The situation is worse than that: I knew about the channel and then
*forgot* about it, because nothing ever happened to pull me into it.

That's how it's going to be for everyone.  Sure, we might hear about
this other channel over there, but we'll forget about it, and meanwhile
all this important code-related activity will be happening off somewhere
where most devs don't see it...

My guess is most people who use IRC know how to ignore the chatter
around them, when they're focused on a particular conversation.  Do we
have evidence or experience to suggest that doing reviews in the dev
channel was a real problem?  If we don't, I'd really like to try merging
it back into #launchpad-dev and seeing what happens.