Re: Putting on-call reviewer in channel topic?

On Wed, 2009-09-09 at 19:03 -0400, Karl Fogel wrote:
> My guess is most people who use IRC know how to ignore the chatter
> around them, when they're focused on a particular conversation.  Do we
> have evidence or experience to suggest that doing reviews in the dev
> channel was a real problem?  If we don't, I'd really like to try merging
> it back into #launchpad-dev and seeing what happens.

I think combining would be a mistake. This is the place to ask for a
review and offer to do a review. Reviews are interactive and on demand.
with 3 reviewers a a queue of 8 branches we need to keep the
conversation focused, and we do.

Note that the topic for the channel is a tool for us... who is
reviewing, who is being reviewed, who is in the queue. The topic changes
many times an hour.

--
__Curtis C. Hovey_________
http://launchpad.net/