Re: Remove spidermonkey-bin from launchpad-developer-dependencies?

Max,
Here's the patch you need:
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/%7Emozillateam/xulrunner/xulrunner-1.9.2.head/annotate/head%3A/debian/patches/fix-build-glitch.patch

Also, are you planning on including this in the archive or just the PPA?

Micah

On 03/12/2010 08:21 PM, Max Bowsher wrote:
Julian Edwards wrote:
So it looks like we need to revert to using the slow rhino.

I've figured out a evil/clever hack to build a spidermonkey-bin in lucid :-)

1) The Debian packaging of xulrunner is completely unrelated to the
Ubuntu packaging.

2) ... and it still builds js/spidermonkey.

3) js/spidermonkey despite building from the xulrunner source, doesn't
depend on it.

4) Therefore just build the Debian xulrunner source in Ubuntu, having
first hacked out the final building of all the .debs except the
spidermonkey ones :-)

I'll get it into the Launchpad PPA once I've worked around an
architecture-specific bug in make or dash that's causing it to FTBFS on
amd64.

Max.