Re: [Launchpad-users] Your top three wishes for Launchpad? (4.0 planning)

On Thu Sep 03 10:35:51 +0100 2009 William Grant wrote:
> This sounds like it could be conveniently worked into the feature to
> build packages from branches, as that has to do all that and more.

Does it?

I think the current expectation is that you prepare your upload, push to
LP and request the build, which then uses the content verbatim.

I'm not sure we want to get in to asking the user for changelog entries
and the like when they request a build.

My only concern with that is that it doesn't necessarily fail fast. The
user will request the build, and then get a mail telling them that
the target distribution 'UNRELEASED' is unknown or something similar.

I agree that it could be useful to have these things automated in some
cases, but I'm not sure it's a requirement to have build-from-branch.

Thanks,

James