Re: [Launchpad-users] File X.diff.gz already exists in Y's PPA, but uploaded version has different contents

Hi Julian,

> The subject of your email references the "diff" but you mention the "orig"
> here.
>
> Have you already uploaded the same version of this package to your PPA
>  before? You can't do it again, and Launchpad won't allow the same filename
>  to be uploaded twice with different contents either.

You are right, it is about the "diff", not the "orig" and the same version of
this package is already in my PPA.

I thought it should be possible to upload the same package with same version
multiple times, as long as the original source ("orig.tar.gz") does not
change. But probably you are right.

I am constantly working on the packaging and therefore modifying the files
under debian/ and hoped it is possible to leave the version for not having to
increase it every time.

> Hope that helps.

Yes, you helped a lot! Thanks!

Regards,