Re: Fwd: Grub Install Bug @Lubuntu-10.04 (Distribution Release)

Yorvyk - I stand corrected on Grub 2 being in Alpha - I hadn't realised it came out of beta.
Goh - I wasn't criticising Grub 2 since I have had no problems with it myself. I have heard others have and particularly with external drives as you mentioned. Since an awful lot of people are going to "give Linux a try" on an external drive it is not too good that it will most likely fail.

I do remember LILO - never did get it to work reliably myself. My first try at Linux wasn't successful because of it as I recall and I had to use Windows at the time because of a course I was taking. As a result I didn't properly adopt Linux until about 3 years ago. Now you wont get me away from it - except at work where I have no choice cos everything is flaming Microsoft! When I get my own company running it will all be Linux and no Windows in sight thankyou!

Rich