Re: Dell Mini-9 issues

Ah, well, hmm.  I don't get the correct md5sum according to this
method either, Phill.

bob@ub32:~$ dd if=/dev/cdrom bs=2048 count=266741 | md5sum
0e9fac900c8288b243e875d9b1b65479  -
266741+0 records in
266741+0 records out
546285568 bytes (546 MB) copied, 112.087 s, 4.9 MB/s

So, I tried yet another approach and burned one with Nautilus as per
the instructions.  For the first time, I got an actual error during
the burn.  It didn't tell me what was wrong, but at least it alerted
me to the burning error.

Okay, I've tried to burn this on three different machines, using three
different burning applications, and two different types of blank CDs.
Maybe I'm not cut out for this kind of work. ;-)

I'll download the 32-bit alternate CD, do a command-line install, and
then apt-get the lubuntu-desktop package.  That should give me the
same thing I'm trying to do here, right?

Thanks!

Regards,
Bob