Quoting style

I'll probably be called pedantic or old-fashioned for this, but:

Could we all try to avoid quoting the *entire* email to which we are
responding, please?

This mailing list is archived at

  https://lists.launchpad.net/lubuntu-desktop/

and the archive is public.  So anyone needing to read earlier messages
in full can easily do so.  All that is needed in a reply email is the
attribution line (so we know who said the quoted material, and when they
said it), and *just* enough quoted material to establish the context of
your response.  Rule of thumb: generally, no more than half the lines of
your email should be quoted material.

It really does save all your readers time if you trim down the stuff you
quote.  Scrolling down a few screens worth to see a one paragraph reply
is bad -- for the sight-impaired, having a screen reader read out masses
of quoted material before getting to the new material is worse.

Thanks for at least considering this,

Jonathan