Re: Work items and TODOs (LXDE)

Some comments for some points :

Le Monday 23 May 2011 à 11:41 +0800, PCMan a écrit :
> 1. lxpanel: We have no maintainer for this one. This works ok most of
> the time, but I personally think a cleaner rewrite can be better.
> Another possible option will be using libwnck to handle some tasks so
> we can have less mysterious X11-related code and less seg faults of
> unknown causes.
It's one of the most important part, but also the more complex. IMO,
rewriting it will take a very long time. Improving it piece by piece, or
taking another panel is probably easier.

> 4. lxsession: A dbus session management interface is needed. Maybe we
> need to rework this one. Besides, command line used to lock the screen
> should be handled.
>
> 5. lxsession-edit: I want to merge this one with lxsession for better
> maintainence and adding the ability to configure lxsession autostart
> file in GUI, not only xdg autostart spec. So people don't need to edit
> autostart file themselves. Unwanted autostart apps commands can be
> commented out with # in the config file.
I have plenty of ideas of this 2 items. I'll probably become he
maintainer if nobody come for them.

> 7. lxrandr: I'm not sure what's the best way to handle config saving.
> Previously I want to save it in lxsession config files so we can have
> a more common place for most config values for easier maintaince.
> However putting this into autostart desktop file is as good.
Config file is a better way to handle it, it's just harder to implement,
for no real gain for end-user. But definitely, should go to lxsession.