Re: LXDE plans and priorities

Le Sunday 22 May 2011 à 21:51 -0700, Jonathan Marsden a écrit :
> (1) Fix all major bugs that are biting our users, and then
>
> (2) Code cleanup needed to ensure it builds and runs with newer
> compilers, libraries, etc. (e.g. GTK3 transition, and GCC 4.6 is in
> Debian sid already... so we need to check LXDE builds fine there, and
> fix it if not).
>
> After that, if we possibly can, we then do
>
> (3) occasional official source tarball releases (maybe every six
> months?
>  or every 12 months if every six is too much work).  This is so that
> the
> work that *is* getting done in (1) and (2), even if fairly small, is
> more easily available to users, and to other Linux distributions,
> without them having to dive into a git tree.

Just for the record, +1 :) Releases are importantes, packaging snapshot
of git tree is not the most confortable way to package :)

As I said on Lubuntu mailing, we lack people with uploads rights for
tarballs. Could Martin Bagge / brother  be added to the list of people
which can do this ? :) He is currently the best Release Manager :)