Re: Lubuntu - One Stop Thread

On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 8:38 AM, Ali Linx <amjjawad@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Tim,
>
> For the 2nd time and yet again, I'd like to THANK YOU for each and every
> word you wrote and for each and every suggestions, be sure I'll keep that
> in mind and I'm very sure you wrote all that because you want to help :)
> totally understood.

However, I'm afraid you are not seeing my point....

*I'm afraid you're not seeing my point.  I understand your point and I'm
asking you to change it!  (The nerve or me!! I know!  :) )  Of course I'm
just trying to help.  LOST is already great.  I just think it could be even
better.  That's just my opinion and it's your baby so I'll respect that.*

> Another point I'd like to highlight. If your thread went 4K and became
> LOST, it doesn't mean same will happen with my thread :)
> If I'll fail to control things and my thread will be lost, that's not a
> problem. By that time, I would have something better than that thread, be
> sure of that :)

*I hope your thread far exceeds 4k post and proves more useful than my
little laptop thread (who knew a 11.6" Acer laptop could be so popular?
LOL).  Lubuntu should reach a much wider audience and last longer than any
piece of hardware.  Please, don't let your thread become useless.  People
will hash our solutions in there, don't let them get lost helping them help
you.*

Thank you for your support and thanks again for your suggestions. I already
> started to take that into actions, let's see what will happen :)

*You took action in post
#122<http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=11423987&postcount=122>.
It's my opinion that you need to do this at the top where everyone can see
it.  Post #122 will be buried in no time.
*

I love the bookmark concept.  I'm just saying that you could to ask the
users to start and use them, so that you can bookmark the unsolved ones
alongside the ones that are solved.  I think it will make your already
useful thread even more useful.

Not much more I can say.  I can't make it any more clear than I have.  I've
explained myself as best as I can.   There is no real reason for us to keep
this discussion ongoing and I don't want to waste everyone's time.  *I
respect your position and you understand mine so it's up to you to you to
do what you think is best.*  I'll do my best to support you where I can.
Keep up the good work.

Tim