Re: Lubuntu 12.04 - fan and cpu speed control is in some way wrong

2012/2/19 o jordan <ojordan12345@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> [. . .]
> There seems to be confusion throughout these messages between cpu frequency
> scaling and fan control.  Both affect the temperature of the computer and
> how often the fan comes on.

As for me, i only notice, that, *IF* there is powernowd activated, the
fan noise in lubuntu is less invasive. But i noticed as well, that
other distros generally seem to deal better with the fan.

> The bizarre thing about these messages is that MintPPC 9 is held up as
> working.  By default it actually has no fan control or cpu frequency scaling
> for G4 iBooks or Albooks.

For me, i'm not speaking about Mintppc but about Debian "sid" + LXDE -
which has clearly less invasive use of fan.

I' m not a programmer but a simple user. I answered to the request of
ppc lubuntu testers but for sure, i'm not skilled (i was asked to
subscribe Lubuntu-QA and to post there). I'm sorry, if i'm confusing
something and for sure i won't be offended if you tell me that . . .
No problem at all. So i'll stop and wait for the release.