Re: 12.04 ppc - problems list

On 02/18/2012 07:20 AM, UH wrote:
> 2012/2/18 ∅ <maps.backward@xxxxxxxxx>:
>>> That didn't pass for me.
>> just to be sure, you saw this:
>> https://lists.launchpad.net/lubuntu-qa/msg00125.html
>> ??
>> check your version numbers against it.
> What the last phrase mean? Which version number and against what? In
> any case i purged and re-installed lubuntu-software- center (after
> sudo apt-get update and sudo apt-get upgrade but nothing changed.
what version number of lsc do you have? for that matter, check your
python versions.
>>> I posted this via apport to launchpad, but i'm unable to find it now.
>>> ERROR: apport (pid 2200) Sat Feb 18 06:37:16 2012: wrote report
>>> /var/crash/_usr_bin_pcmanfm.1000.crash
>> is that file still around? you could try searching launchpad for terms
>> based on it. if that doesn't work, perhaps more easy is to get on
>> launchpad, click on your name, click bugs and hunt for it.
>>> In human words: When i have open pcmanfm as root and then open another
>>> instance of pcmanfm, then it crashes - but not systematically.
>> do you not have the same problem if you are not using as root?
> No only when one instance is root. Here is the link:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pcmanfm/+bug/934756
seems that either the bug does not exist or perhaps it's private??
this is the big problem. i suggest we make a new thread out of this
(looks like it's already in progress)
> When you rightclick on the desktop you have that menu with New, Paste
> etc and as a last item Configure Desktop. Clicking on that you have
> the options to configure the desktop ( pcmanfm --desktop-pref`). If
> you activate there Advanced  on the rightclick you get now: PCManFM,
> Lxterminal, Browser - and nothing else. So, there is no way back save
> you start in terminal `pcmanfm --desktop-pref`. That's absolutely not
> good. The advanced menu, at least, should offer, over the 3 existing
> options, Setup Desktop and Obconf or Lxappearance. I tried to
> configure that "by hand" editing the
> `/usr/share/lubuntu/openbox/menu.xml`but it gave no effect. May be
> there is another config file overruling that one?
oh. you do realize these are two different menus, right?
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Lubuntu/Documentation/FAQ/Guides#Right-clicking_on_desktop_pulls_up_a_menu_that_is_missing_the_.22Desktop_Preferences.22_option_and_now_I_can.27t_change_my_wallpaper

the openbox one (the advanced menu) is configured with
/etc/xdg/openbox/menu.xml.

as for /usr/share/lubuntu/openbox/menu.xml, if you copy it to
~/.config/openbox, it will also configured this advanced menu. it also
has the extra benefit of being written specifically for lubuntu, so it
offers (i think) a better framework to work off of than the above. make
sure any time you make changes to it, that you run openbox --reconfigure
to test them.

wxl