From: Phill Whiteside <PhillW@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: Paul Gorski <paul@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: uhtlmk <uhtlmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; lubuntu-qa <lubuntu-qa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tue, Mar 6, 2012 10:52 am
Subject: Re: [Lubuntu-qa] Mac G3 testing - desktop .iso

Thanks,

certainly for now, a good set of instructions using the alternate for G3 may be prefferable to hacking the LiveCD, such set of notes can be posted to the wiki area with a release note letting people know where to find it?

But, I'll let you guys continue testing and find the least painful route. In the menatime I will flag up again at tomorrows main QA meeting that G3's are a problem 'per-se' with the exiting ubiquity installation for all the ppc LiveCDs. Options seem to be that Ubiquity 'learns' that it is doing a G3 install and adjusts accordingly or a G3 variant is created. I fear we may run out of time for 12.04 it would depend if Colin Watson has the time to look into the possibility.