Re: Mac G3 testing - desktop .iso

Paul,

Sorry I accidentally sent an earlier version of this post directly to you email address.

Anyway, I got my iMac G3 working again and tested the following with the beta1 liveCD on my G3 iMac:

Boot from CD and wait until command prompt appears then type the following commands:
wget doiop.com/xorg.conf
sudo mv xorg.conf /etc/X11
sudo service lightdm restart

I ended up with working X, but still got the Software Centre error. I've set up doiop.com/xorg.conf from your example xorg.conf for me to test this. Ideally I suppose something equivalent to this could be done for the G3 iMac from the liveCD.

--
JimP