Re: lubuntu powerpc desktop 20120928 SUCCESS

I'll let you guys chat about server and all amongst yourself. Meanwhile…

> Meanwhile, if anyone has successfully got a 12.10 GUI Lubuntu working on
> PPC (G4) with an nVidia video card, please let me know the secret :)

Johnathan, I see that you've got a nVidia chip. This is exciting because most of the Lubuntu PPC team are using Radeon-equipped machines. That being said, I encourage you to check out this bug if you haven't:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1043518
It sounds like you have the symptoms. We'd like to know how it goes for you, especially if it works. Please make a comment there with the results, and make sure to include your card info (lspci | grep VGA).

wxl