Re: [Suggestion] Having another version for Lubuntu (Mini Lubuntu)

On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 2:27 AM, Yorvyk <yorvik.ubunto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 04/06/13 21:35, Ali Linx (amjjawad) wrote:
> >

>> hardware that is too old to install Lubuntu from a current LiveCD or
>> Alternate CD
>>
>>  I'm baffled by this. What hardware is too old? I've installed Lubuntu
> from the alternate CD onto several machines from the last century and the
> only problems have been video drivers, which isn't going to be cured by
> just installing lubuntu-core.
>
> --
>

> Steve

Steve,

I would appreciate if you please double check what you are replying and to
whom you address your Q :)

The above statement wasn't written by myself, it was part of this:

*On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 11:43 PM, Jonathan Marsden <jmarsden@xxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote:
*

> *Ali,
> *
> *
> On Tue, Jun 4, 2013, at 02:17 AM, Ali Linx (amjjawad) wrote:
>
> > If data and numbers are what you are looking for, give me few hours
> > and I will provide you with the numbers of users who would LOVE to see
> *
> *> this option and that would be ONLY from users on Facebook. ...
>
> Asking people on social media "who would like this?" is TOTALLY
> unhelpful. There is zero cost to them if they say yes -- they expect
> *others* to do the work for them, for free!  So anyone who just thinks
> that would be "cool", or something, will say yes, radically inflating
> the count.
>
> What we need is to define how many users have hardware that is too old
> to install Lubuntu from a current LiveCD or Alternate CD, but new
> enough to install and run Lubuntu Core.  Then we need to get an idea
> how many of this group of users are unable to boot the mini.iso and
> select the "Lubuntu minimal" install from it, and why that approach
> does not work for them when they try it.
>
> If they are regularly using Facebook, most likely they have a decent
> Internet connection, so mini.iso and selecting Lubuntu minimal install
> should work very well for such folks.
> *
> *
> Jonathan