Re: zRAM has been removed from Lubuntu 13.10 daily build of 17-Jun

On 06/18/2013 03:22 AM, Ali Linx (amjjawad) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I really don't like short answers without explanation :)
>
> I did NOT use a wrong ISO. If that so, blame the website, don't blame
> the tester. I know you are not blaming, I'm just saying what happened:
>
> I have done this:
>
> 1- http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/lubuntu/daily-live/current/
> 2- downloaded:  saucy-desktop-i386.iso 17-Jun-2013 17:33 687M Desktop
> image for PC (Intel x86) computers (standard download)
> 3- MD5SUM Checked: 61c94f7ff9905400c8bae5a3872fb2c3 *saucy-desktop-i386.iso
> 4- zsync the ISO after telling Phill about what is going on
>
> And, NO zRAM and NO Firefox!!
>
> How is that suddenly a previous ISO had both zRAM and Firefox and a
> latest one as per the website does not?
>
> I am NOT 100% sure but I guess the one I tested the other day was
> 13-June Image and if it is 13-June Image or not, I'm 100% sure it
> wasn't the latest and both zRAM and Firefox was there.
>
> There must be something wrong and obviously, it is not my mistake :D
>
> If you still thinking I'm dreaming, I'd appreciate some LOGICAL
> explanation before just closing my bugs without any good reason, IMHO
> :D
> I could be wrong though but all what I'm asking for is a simple explanation :)
>
> I had 2 very long days with tons of testing, and at the end of the
> day, I wouldn't be happy at all when someone come and tell me that I
> have picked the wrong ISO while everything refer to it is the latest
> one.
>
> IF I picked the wrong one, how is that zsync did not update it?

Phill is probably just busy ;^)

I could see from one of your previous posts that zsync appeared to be
working OK, and I checked the links at the QA Tracker and daily which
are both OK.

That's why I asked previously what method you're using to boot the live
iso. I'm still burning discs here because I'm slow adapting to change :^)

Are you perhaps using grub to boot the images? If so maybe your
path_to_iso is still pointing to an older image stored in a different
location?????????????

Lance