Re: [PPC] Saucy Daily Build for 6/21 hangs on Plymouth Text Screen

Back to the original topic of the email, I just downloaded the 06/23 PPC
isos (both desktop and alternate). The desktop hung on me the same as on
06/21 and 06/22. I put my 1GB chip back into my system thinking that having
only 256MB RAM might be the problem, but it still hangs with 1GB RAM.

Usually when the Plymouth text screen changes background color from cyan to
black, there is additional text that displays to let you know that the
booting is taking place (I vaguely remember stuff about a System V or
something similar). On the desktop iso, the loading dots just continue
blinking from white to orange and back. After about 10-15 minutes of
waiting, I physically turn off the computer.

The alternate CD boots and installs without any major problem although the
color scheme is really bad. When I'm typing in text, it's green in a green
box with a bright lime green background. The contrast between the text and
the input box is horrid. I have a photo taken with my digital camera, so
you can see the lack of contrast: http://i.imgur.com/E8QO3ht.jpg