Re: Lubuntu 13.10 beta

Hi all,

Has anyone noticed that zram is a normal kernel module, which is not only enabled but
also configured thanks to the zram-config scripts? I am asking because of the post you
point to at the forum.

There would be a simple solution to satisfy all people : an additional script to enable
and disable it at will, from within the system menus.

I would not insist enough about the way it is configured actually, in the Ubuntu
zram-config scripts. The system need a control over swappiness, and for zram smaller block
devices. Really!

In my T30 Lubuntu as of yesterday lags badly, whereas the Ubuntu Openbox Remix installed
in it, with the setups I pointed to, is snappy! (Lubuntu does  not use much more RAM
btw). I suspect the setup, although I have not had time today to reconfigure it and retry.

Regards,
Mélodie

PS: Lars, about your test with Thunderbird and Firefox, I'm not too much astonished: both
are heavy... what about trying Sylpheed along with Midori in that 1 GB Macmini machine of
your's? :)

JM <meets@xxxxxx>