Re: SOCKET_SIZE_TYPE question on accept() call

On Fri, 2011-09-23 at 08:30 +0200, Sergei Golubchik wrote:

> It doesn't matter. For simple issues like that I'll be able to see
> individual fixes in a one big patch, so you can do as you like.
>
> And of course it is not necessary for you to send patches or fix
> anything at all. I just thought that a procedure "you tell us about a
> problem, wait for an answer confirming the fix (if you need it), fix, go
> to the next problem" is faster for you than "you tell us, we fix, push,
> you pull the fix, repeat".
>
> But if you prefer me to do all the fixes, I can certainly do it.
> You choose :)
>
> Regards,
> Sergei

Well, until I get permission to send in patches it is probably better to
let you do the fixes.  I don't know how long it will take for my
management to officially OK me sending in patches.  I have been able to
build Mariadb now on HP-UX 11.31 (but not pass all the tests), the only
build issue that I ran into and haven't already brought up is with
safe_strdup_root in include/my_sys.h.

If I compile without optimization using the HP compiler I get an
undefined reference to strdup_root when building 're'.  The problem
is that the function safe_strdup_root is included in objects that go
into libmystrings.a (like ctype-simple.o).  Even though there are no
uses of this function in ctype-simple, and it is declared as static
inline, the compiler is putting out a copy of the function.  This
function includes a call to strdup_root which is in mysys/my_alloc.c,
but that object is not included in libmystrings.a so I get an error when
linking 're'.

My workaround for this was to move safe_strdup_root out of
include/my_sys.h and into sql/sql_acl.cc since that is the only place it
is used.

Steve Ellcey
sje@xxxxxxxxxx