Re: New MariaDB builds: regular trusty and special kvm-deb-sid-pbuilder-amd and (Re: MariaDB)

Hi Otto,

Ok, so I setup something in Buildbot.

Whenever something is pushed to git://github.com/ottok/mariadb-5.5.git,
Buildbot will do a build in two VMs: trusty amd64 and sid amd64.

You need to configure your repository to send notifications to Buildbot for
this to take effect (I tested with my own clone,
git://github.com/knielsen/mariadb-5.5.git). Go to your repository in the
GitHub web front-end, go to settings, select the "Webhooks & Services" tab.
Create a new hook ("Add webhook" button), Make it post to this url:

    https://buildbot.askmonty.org/buildbot/change_hook/github?project=MariaDB

I checked "Just push the event" and "Active" in the options in the form on the
page. And the default "application/vnd.github.v3+form" for the type.

You can see the two builders here:

    http://buildbot.askmonty.org/buildbot/builders/debpkg-trusty
    http://buildbot.askmonty.org/buildbot/builders/debpkg-sid/

As you will see, it currently fails:

    http://buildbot.askmonty.org/buildbot/builders/debpkg-trusty/builds/2
    http://buildbot.askmonty.org/buildbot/builders/debpkg-trusty/builds/2/steps/compile/logs/stdio
"Base directory /var/cache/pbuilder/base-trusty-amd64.cow does not exist"

I see in your scripts that you do:

    mount -t tmpfs -o size=9G tmpfs /var/cache/pbuilder

But that is not going to work in Buildbot, we do not have 9+ GB of memory
available for builds. I think to fix this requires changes in your packaging
files?

You can see the changes I made to the Buildbot config here:

    http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~maria-captains/mariadb-tools/trunk/revision/227
    http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~maria-captains/mariadb-tools/trunk/view/head:/buildbot/maria-master.cfg

(Search for stuff with "debpkg"). If you have suggestions for concrete changes,
probably Daniel and Elena will also be able to help if I am slow to respond.

Hope this helps,