Re: [GSoC] Optimize mysql-test-runs - Results of new strategy

Hi Pablo,

Thanks for the update, I'm looking into it.

There is one more important factor to choose which strategy to put the further effort on. Do they perform similarly time-wise?

I mean, you now ran the same sets of tests on both strategies. Did it take approximately the same time? And in case you measured it, what about 3000 + 1 rounds, which is closer to the real-life test case?

And what absolute time does one round take? I realize it depends on the machine and other things, but roughly -- is it seconds, or minutes, or tens of minutes?

We should constantly watch it, because the whole point is to reduce test execution time; but the test execution time will include using the tool, so if it turns out that it takes as much time as we later save on tests, doing it makes little sense.

Regards,
Elena