Re: [Ayatana] "fileless" paradigm

On Tue, 2010-12-14 at 16:57 +0100, frederik.nnaji@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> i think your concepts are awesome!

Many people told me ( ;-) ), but I never investigate deeper problems so
actually it is just a funny dream.
I began to explore some implementation with a GWT application
(unreleased) and Phidias ( http://phidias.barberaware.org/ ), a feed
reader built on top of Tracker but actually, as many other things of
mine ( :-\ ), barely maintained.

> The most intriguing thought you threw at us was imo Hyppocampus¹.

If so, you would get completely crazy for FSter ;-)
http://gitorious.org/itsme/fster
It is a virtual filesystem where you can create any kind of folders
hierarchy mixing contents from Tracker, think about a "smart folder on
steroids".
This has been implemented by me for Itsme, with the target to create a
compatibility layer for "legacy applications" (= applications working on
the classic filesystem instead of the semantic API), but it is actually
starving. Many features have been included, many others not, all in all
it is working but limited to a subset of the real potentials.

--
Roberto -MadBob- Guido
http://claimid.com/madbob