mugle-dev team mailing list archive

Re: Displaying error messages on the UI

Hi there,

Sorry I wasn't in this discussion yesterday.

I am inclined to agree but when i spoke to Matt a month or so about it, he
> said experience with IVLE had taught them it was better to show the full
> stack trace.  Maybe we could have a button that popped up a window with the
> stack trace or something like that?

Actually, on Google App Engine, we have full access to stack traces from the
administrator panel, whenever a user triggers an error. So we do not need to
display stack traces to the user. If we see a lot of them, we could include
a message to report the error to someone, with the timestamp (so we can find
the appropriate log entry), but for now let's not bother.