Re: mtdev library and Xorg

Henrik,

I understand that the mtdev library is in
charge of translating from Type A protocol to Type B (slotted) protocol.

I guess that the evdev driver in Xorg should be modified in order to
use mtdev library, right?

Yes, an X driver capable of understanding the kernel/mtdev protocol is
needed in order to translate to the X world. In Natty, we achieve this
by modifying evdev to translate to the XI2.1 protocol.

Where could I get the latest patches for Natty X.org part?
Is it still in development phase or quite stable now?
When will you send this back to official X.org tree?

THx very much,
Arm

--
-- "Every step appears to be the unavoidable consequence of the
-- preceding one." (A. Einstein) --