Re: mtdev library and Xorg

On 02/10/2011 03:24 AM, Armando Visconti wrote:
> Henrik,
>

>>> I understand that the mtdev library is in
>>> charge of translating from Type A protocol to Type B (slotted) protocol.
>>>
>>> I guess that the evdev driver in Xorg should be modified in order to
>>> use mtdev library, right?
>>>

>> Yes, an X driver capable of understanding the kernel/mtdev protocol is
>> needed in order to translate to the X world. In Natty, we achieve this
>> by modifying evdev to translate to the XI2.1 protocol.
>>

> Where could I get the latest patches for Natty X.org part?
> Is it still in development phase or quite stable now?
> When will you send this back to official X.org tree?

It's under development, and we'll be pushing a pre-release version of it
into natty soon. It won't be pushed to the upstream X.org until later,
in time for the 1.11 release.

You can find the packages in the utouch-team/xorg-unstable ppa. I would
suggest building from the source packages there.

Thanks,

-- Chase