Re: The Future of the Point of Sale

That's why I'm proposing the python-escpos library, because allow encapsulate the communication with all different hardware configuration.

Here is the project description:

Python ESC/POS is a library which lets the user have access to all those printers handled by ESC/POS commands, as defined by Epson, from a Python application.

The standard usage is send raw text to the printer, but in also helps the user to enhance the experience with those printers by facilitating the bar code printing in many different standards,as well as manipulating images so they can be printed as brand logo or any other usage images migh have.

Text can be justified and fonts can be changed by size, type and weight.

Also, this module handles some hardware functionalities like, cut paper, cash drawer kicking, printer reset, carriage return and others concerned to the carriage alignment.