Re: odoo vertical-medical

Mario.

Answering from my side.

> Well, thanks everybody for participating on this topic...
>
> So far we have:
> We *CAN* use odoo as part of the application name, with official blessing
> from Fabien.  It *doesn't mean* *we* *HAVE TO*, but so far I haven't read
> any good and solid reason to not do so (besides some "what if" future
> scenarios... )
> In this regard, I also favor trying to keep aligned with S.A.'s marketing
> campaigns and branding, as we should be joining efforts instead of pulling
> in different directions, but that is just my (naive/optimistic) opinion...
>   ;-)
>

> We now need please some specific inputs from the *OCA board *to move
> forward:
>
> Is medical part of OCA or not?  I would say yes, as it even has its own
> page on the OCA website... http://odoo-community.org/project/15
> and also on the OCA github project...
> https://github.com/OCA/vertical-medical

It is already a repository waiting for my personal job in the migration (I
just realize somebody did... cool) ;-):

https://github.com/OCA/vertical-medical

> If so, is it possible to stay in OCA using as technical name medical, but
> calling the vertical odoo medical ?

I like the "vertical-medical" for "Technical Name".

In the repo itself, you can build its own README.md for GOogle analytics,
where the "BRanding" and the "app (module wich install everithing)" van bw
called odoo_medical.

> If not, then we will need to relocate the project, and start this process
> again between all those willing to collaborate...

Please don't do that.

Remember the begining of the move in Launchpad, it was hard, and it is
already in OCA since the begining.

> Based on the answers to these two questions, we as a community  will be
> ready to start naming all the different odoo verticals hosted in OCA, and
> create the corresponding logos..

Yes you can as you did here.

1.- Propose.
2.- Read feedback.
3.- Make conclusions.
4.- Start Pushing.

> My personal opinion again... I don't understand why avoid using odoo, if
> some of OCA's goals read "promote the use of the Odoo solution, facilitate
> synergies, collaborations..."

remember you here read "Personal opinions", not "Formelly opinions", it
means, even If I am a memeber of the OCA board, my opoinion is my opinion,
we just "move the conclusion forward to be executed in an orginized way."

> How omitting odoo in the name helps to reach those goals ??  it is even
> part of the name of the association!!

That's why you are right this time, remember odoo-medical comes from
medical (tryton) which changed to GNU health..... we migrated to openerp
.... call it oemedical... you forkit locally and sent this message due to
improve some works locally.... then we are agreed (I think) here that we
can take Odoo Medical for the App, and vertical-medical for technical names
(just because we stablished this rule on OCA, to avoid "1000
odoo-something" repos it is a practical reason"........

> If tomorrow, or in ten years, S.A. goes evil (I still don't get why this
> is a recurring topic in the community by the way)   wouldn't it be the same
> work as anyways the whole association name would need to change its name ??

Supositions, but yeas, we can and we would ;-), but remember always (to
complete you point) God and Devil are different from different religions ;-)

--
--------------------
Saludos Cordiales

Nhomar G. Hernandez M.