Re: Bug or feature: "Pay" button in invoice

Le mercredi 12 octobre 2011 à 23:58 +0200, David Rinnan a écrit :
> As I understood it, the way it worked before, the Pay button on
> invoices was a simple, quick and dirty, way to complete the full
> payment process of an invoice. And as such not for use by other than
> small companies.
>
> You have to remember that some companies use many features of Openerp
> without actually using it for true accounting purposes. Marking
> something as paid will close the invoice and make life simple for the
> small company trying to keep an eye on who has paid and no

Dear David and all,

"Click and dirty" way in accounting should not exist. The Macintosh is
easy to use and not dirty. So should be OpenERP accounting process.

We are in the domain of legal regulations.

The problem with the "Pay" button is not that it closes the invoice. I
would only like payment and invoice to be validated. Just like it is in
the other payment feature, which is presented in lines.

Furthermore, if this feature is really "quick and dirty", it should only
be available after some configuration and disabled by default.

Think about the hundreds of users who registered invoices and then
clicked "Pay" thinking it would only create an entry in the bank
journal. Users are trapped, as they cannot cancel payment. And then no
bank reconciliation is possible, therefore their whole work in
accounting is destroyed. Just clicking ONCE on pay in the invoice make
bank reconciliation impossible.

If you follow discussions on the French forum, we are getting very upset
with this "quick and dirty" feature. The Pay button should not close
accounts.

OpenERP as legal tool cannot stay like that for the French market or
would probably be banned. You cannot use an ERP with such feature
available for everyone.

What would you propose? Telling us we should disable this button is not
a solution. We are looking for solutions at OpenERP level, to make
successful features available for everyone. If Windows explodes on
startup, you cannot tell us to go to registry and fix an entry. We have
to fix the product itsel. At least, for accounting, which a mandatory
domain, it HAS to be FIXED.

Kind regards,