Re: Generate Opening Entries

Most of our customers uses finance in OpenERP and closing system is the
same in v5, v6.0, v6.1 and will probably not change for v7 because it works
fine in our view.

What does Openerp ?
It generates 1 global entries at the beginning of the fiscal year which is
more or less your previous end trial balance for balance sheet account and
(since to do not bring forward P&L account balance of course) put into the
pre-defined P&L account (from the opening journal) the difference.
So, with 1 entry you get you balances forwarded to the new fy + your post
you previous year profit/loss to the P&L (or reserve) account if you want
to.

Now, it is possible that a specific modules handle it better with
additional functionalities but on this specific point the standard is ok.

For my personal culture, what does this italian module do precisely?

Frédéric CLEMENTI

Business Solutions
Camptocamp SA
Tel : + 41 (0)21 619 1041