openerp-expert-production team mailing list archive

Re: procurement forecasts

I am sorry, I thinked the same way as you (I think so) but written it not precise. It was so late.

Currently Sales Order has only one date: Date Ordered. Which can be recognized rather as date of placing the order. So it should have another date: Dispatching Date. Or better Dispatching Date should be placed in order lines for Packing Policy: Partial Delivery. (Dispatching date can be considered as Delivery date depending if transport delay is included in customer dalay or not. Some customers takes the goods using its own transport.).

But even now current Date Ordered should be treated as Dispatching date. Because we know that system has date_write inside and even use it for calculating the procurement Scheduled Date (ignoring Date Ordered).

If it is fixed we can consider: if Date Ordered will be 1 August the Procurement Scheduled Date will be Customer delay from Date Ordered NOT FROM today. Let say you have Customer delay 7 days, so Procurement will have Scheduled date 8 August. And respectively Procurement order line will have Scheduled date few days before Scheduled date in Procurement because of Supplier delay. Let say it is 2 days, so Purchase order line will have Scheduled date 6 August. Would it be OK?

So fixing the "SO Date Ordered - Procurement Scheduled Date" problem would fix the probem of MTO SO. Further OpenERP should be improved to have Scheduled Date on each SO line for Partial Delivery Policy.

But it is only SO MTO problem. Did you mean other cases?

Hey! why do write:
"sale_delivery introduce this idea, but it doesn't take care of procurement"

This module works exectly how I written before. It creates procurements with proper dates related to SO dates.
GG.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Davide Corio" <davide.corio@xxxxxxxxxxxx>