openstack-qa-team team mailing list archive

Re: Tempest Gating

DW> We also have a different problem with running tests in parallel
DW> now. None of the newly designed basic/advanced ops test can be run
DW> in parallel given their dependency between tests. The only way I can
DW> think of to proceed would be to rework the nose plugin to run test
DW> classes in parallel, but tests within the classes in serial. I'll
DW> poke around this weekend to see what's possible.  Daryl

Running tempest tests in parallel is definitely a good goal to
have. However, I believe that all the tests run in a gate are done
sequentially right now, correct? Seems like if we kicked off tempest at
the same time as the regular gate stuff, much of their execution would
overlap. I'm not sure if the current CI stuff does any parallel jobs
like that, but I think it shouldn't be too hard to do and would help
with the latency-to-merge issue.

--
Dan Smith
IBM Linux Technology Center