Re: ANNOUNCE: Ultimate OpenStack Grizzly Guide, with super easy Quantum!

Thank you Orlando!

I just remove `quantum-l3-agent' for the sake of simplicity (I don't want
it for now) and have enabled `enable_isolated_metadata = True' in
dhcp_agent.ini but, same result. Metadata doesn't work.

The CirrOS doesn't reach the metadata server. Also, within CirrOS, there is
no route to 169.254.0.0/16 network. Probably because its dhcp client isn't
ready with option 121 ???

Also, the `Ubuntu Cloud Image' doesn't reach the metadata too, I'm seeing:

"20130423 15:13:05,687  util.py[WARNING]: '
http://169.254.169.254/20090404/metadata/instanceid' failed [49/120s]: url
error [timed out]"

And, I have a `Pre-Installed' Ubuntu template that I can boot and login, it
have the option 121 configured but, no route to 169.254.0.0/24 network in
my routing tables.

To try one more option, I just enable the `enable_metadata_network = True'
but, doesn't work either.

Anyway, this isn't off-topic, because of enabling metadata without L3 on a
Single Flat, is on my TODO list to improve my document, the "Ultimate
OpenStack Grizzly Guide", so, it is right on topic.

And I really appreciate your help! Now I have a much better direction to
follow.

But, I still can't figure out how to put metadata to work. Too
complicated...

One more question, at the dhcp_agent, there is a message:

"The metadata service will only be activated when the subnet gateway_ip is
None."

What this means?

It means that I can't use `--gateway 10.33.14.1' when running the `quantum
subnet-create' ?

Tks!
Thiago