p2psp team mailing list archive

Re: Prevention of pollution attacks (GSoC)

> Hello,
>
> I performed a small experimens, results are here:
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pc6yb87xJy8gNkWSWvvCvjAjR6WBFdOzCbPvO-zEooU/edit?usp=sharing
>

> (On first tab of document is raw data from simulator).
> Few words about experiment - I performed it 100 times for each network
> size. Experiment was performed with 1 trusted peer and 1 attacker.
> Simulation value of poisoned chunks simply is average from all experimens.
>
> You can see that simulation value is always greater than P / 2. I think it
> should be taken into account. Am I wrong? What do you think?
>
> PS. What parameters should I use in the next experiments? Im about number
> of trusted peers, attackers, network size. Thanks in advance.

Hi IIshat,

in your simulations the attacker and the trusted peer have always the same
"position" in the team. In other words, the attacker is always for example
the peer number 2 and the trusted peer is the peer number 1?

Anyway, your results are very close to the theoretical results.I don't
think you are doing something wrong. However, could you post the output of
one of your simulations?

Regards,
Vicente.
--