p2psp team mailing list archive

Re: Prevention of pollution attacks (GSoC)

Hello!,

Sorry for the delay in the response.
I have just improved the Peersim impl of P2PSP:
- malicious peer connects to the team after some delay (magic constant :))
- *CHUNK *message have 4 times more delay than other messages (hello,
goodbye, etc.)
- trusted and malicious peers are chosen randomly at the begin of simulation

I have performed new experiments with these improvements, it can be
accessed at the same doc -
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pc6yb87xJy8gNkWSWvvCvjAjR6WBFdOzCbPvO-zEooU/edit#gid=0
- it has 2 new tabs - raw2 and result2.
*raw2 *tab have 2 sets of data - the first one was performed without
different latencies, and the second one was performed with different
latencies.
Could you please evaluate results? What the next steps you want to see with
peersim impl of p2psp? =) I want to perform experiments with different
numbers of trusted peers and attackers, in order to confirm theroretical
analysis given in paper.

Also, I want to store all the logs from each experiment in the same place.
I want to use dropbox for this (shared dir). What do you think? =)

Currently, Im preparing scripts (bash and bat) to run simulation, so there
will be possible to perform experiments without setting up IDE.

ps Could you please include me to sim project on github? Or we will work
with pull requests? =)

Thanks in advance!