p2psp team mailing list archive

Re: NAT Traversal Set of rules implementation

On Fri, Aug 14, 2015 at 2:36 PM Max Mertens <max.mail@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Vicente,

Hello Max

> It would be great if you could find out the NAT type of your university,
> this [2] is a good tool to check. Do you know about more routers I can use
> besides the ones mentioned above?

This is the result for the test of the Java Applet you have indicated
before [2], for the University of Almería:

Here are the results of the test:

UPnP Test (?): No UPnP device found

STUN Test (?): Symmetric UDP Firewall (but no NAT)

UDP Binding Test (?): Endpoint independent binding, port prediction is easy
TCP Binding Test: Endpoint independent binding, port prediction is easy

UDP Mapping Test (?): local and external IP addresses and ports were always
equal, there's no NAT involved
TCP Mapping Test: local and external IP addresses and ports were always
equal, there's no NAT involved

SIP ALG (?): The initial SIP INVITE packet has not been modified on its way
to our servers.
There is no SIP ALG involved
FTP ALG: The initial FTP PORT command has not been modified on its way to
our servers.
There is no FTP ALG involved

UDP Hole Punching (?): High TTL Test was not successful
Low TTL Test was not successful
Silent Test was not successful
TCP Hole Punching: High TTL Test was not successful
Low TTL Test was not successful
Silent Test was not successful

UDP Timeout (?): Your UDP timeout is approx. 0 seconds
This could be a problem if an application doesn't send enough keep alive
packets.

I think that if your developments can manage this NAT, you can hope to
handle any other kind of NAT :-)

As you mentioned before, maybe you can use also the NAT of your mobile
device (I'll try to check also mine).

Regards,
Vi.

[2] http://nattest.net.in.tum.de/test.php